Personal Information We CollectWhen you set up an account with us, or when you make a purchase through our website, we collect certain personal information. That information includes:
1. your name, address, phone number and email address;
2. credit card information whenever a purchase is made;
3. account preferences, including whether or not you wish to receive our newsletter and website update information by email;
4. names, titles, business contact information from our corporate and business customer contacts.
This information is collected and used for a number of purposes:
- To establish and maintain a commercial relationship with you and to provide you with products and services. Personal contact and credit card information is required to process your purchases. Account information is retained by us to enable our website to identify you, to allow you to set up and access your account and receive products which you have purchased. This information is used only for these purposes and is only retained in transaction records required for internal management and auditing purposes, unless you are informed otherwise or you provide your consent.
- To understand your needs and preferences. We maintain a record of the products and services you receive from us, and we may ask you for additional information so that we can serve you better.
- To provide you with information you have requested, and to keep you informed with respect to ongoing changes to our website. Your email address will be used to send you our newsletters and mailings IF YOU HAVE REQUESTED US TO DO SO. This option is available when you set up your account. You can withdraw your consent for such mailings at any time by contact us as set out below.
- To develop, enhance or provide new products and services. We may from time to time conduct surveys and research, requesting input from our visitors to help us improve our website, products and services in an effort to serve you better. Your participation in such surveys is voluntary, and in some cases you may have the option to participate anonymously. However, your name, address, email and telephone number may be required to take advantage of bonuses or other benefits which are available to survey participants, in which case your contact information will only be used for notification and fulfillment purposes.
- To manage and administer our business. The nature of the Internet is such that it passively and automatically collects certain information about a user's traffic patterns, which may be linked to their Internet Protocol (IP) addresses. These are unique Internet 'addresses' assigned to all Web users by their Internet Service Providers (ISP). Server logs record statistical information, such as visitors' IP addresses, type of operating systems, time and duration of visit, web pages requested, and identify visitors by categories such as domains and browser types. These statistics are only used on an aggregate basis and will not contain any information that could identify you personally.
- To meet legal, regulatory, security and processing requirements (such as in response to a court order), and otherwise as permitted or required by law.
CookiesUsers also should be aware that non-personal information and data may be automatically collected through the standard operation of our Internet servers or through the use of 'cookies'. Cookies are small text files containing a unique identification number that identifies your browser - but not you - to our servers each time you visit our website. Cookies are not pervasive or invasive programs that enter a user's system and damage files. They simply tell us which pages of our website are visited and by how many visitors. Cookies cannot, by themselves, disclose the individual identity of any site user, and we never combine information gathered by a cookie with personally identifiable information like your name, telephone number or email address, without your consent.
Third Parties' Access to InformationPS Knight is not in the business of selling customer information to others. Our customer information is not available for sale to any outside entity. We contract with third parties to fulfill certain functions on our behalf, such as providing marketing assistance, analyzing data, preparing and maintaining site content, processing credit card payments, processing and shipping orders, and providing customer service. These agents have access to customer information only as required in order to help them perform their functions on our behalf, but they are not allowed to use that information for any other purpose and must keep such information confidential.
Customer information is a valuable business asset. If for any reason PS Knight transfers or divests itself of its business assets, our customer information will be transferred as one of those business assets.
PS Knight will release customer information to the appropriate law enforcement, governmental or other authorities if legally required to do so. PS Knight will also release such information if we feel it is necessary in order to protect our rights or the rights of our customers, affiliates, partners or any other party and for purposes of protection from fraud and credit risk.
Non-Secure Website AreasYou should be aware that if you voluntarily disclose personally identifiable information (e.g., user name, email address) on non-secure areas of the PS Knight website, that information can be collected and correlated and used by third parties and may result in unsolicited messages from third parties. Such activities are beyond the control of PS Knight.
SecurityWe store subscriber and password information on our website in a secure manner. We store such information in a manner not accessible to Web browsers, behind firewall and password protection, or offline.
Employees, agents and affiliates of PS Knight who require access to your personal information in order to fulfill their job or contractual requirements will have access to your personal information to the extent necessary to fulfill such requirements.
Opt-Out OptionUpon request, PS Knight will allow any user to 'opt out' of further promotional contacts at any time. Also, upon a user's request, PS Knight will use commercially reasonable efforts to functionally delete the user and his or her personal information from our database; however, it may be impossible to delete a user's entry without some residual information because of backups and records of deletions. You can contact us through the contact page on our website.
PS Knight Co. Ltd.
6423 Burbank Road SE
Calgary AB T2H 2E1
ATTENTION: Privacy Officer
If you are not satisfied with our response to your privacy concerns, you may wish to contact the Privacy Commissioner via http://www.privcom.gc.ca/ or by calling 1-800-267-0441.